Shrimp Aglio and Olio over Angel Hair Pasta Recipe from the May River Grill
Ingredients for Shrimp Aglio and Olio over Angel Hair Pasta:
- Enough angel hair pasta for 2
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (local is best!)
- 1/4 tsp ground garlic
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, diced
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, chopped1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (Prego or similar)
- 1/3 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup strong chicken broth
1. Cook pasta, rinse and set aside.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat oil until hot. Add shrimp, fresh tomato, fresh basil, fresh garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add salt, pepper and garlic. Mix well.
3. Add chicken broth, tomato sauce and butter. Bring to a semi-boil. (Don’t overcook.)
4. Run angel hair pasta under hot water to loosen and drain. Put into bowl and top with sauce. Serve with crispy bread and top with parmesan cheese, if desired. Pair with a nice Pinot Noir and enjoy!
Recipes Courtesy of May River Grill