The Sandbox Interactive Children’s Museum:
- Ages 4-12 at Tanger 2: Ages 6-12. June 6- Aug. 5. Campers will play and explore a variety of themes in weekly sessions that integrate hands-on learning with S.T.E.A.M. activities. Member cost is $175 for half day each session (9a.m.-12p.m.) and $300 for full day each session ($300). Non-member cost is $225 for half day, $390 for full day.
(843) 842-7645 or thesandbox.org.
Alliance Dance Academy:
- Dance Camp: Ages 7+. July 11-15. Mon-Fri., 11a.m. – 4 p.m. Dancers will experience many different forms of dance, including ballet, jazz, hip hop, lyrical and musical theatre activities. The camp also includes crafts, movies and music. Space is limited. Cost is $225.
- Princess Camp: Ages 3+. July 11-15, Aug. 8-12. Mon- Fri., 11a.m. – 4 p.m. Campers will complete activities based on the Princess of the Day, plus enjoy crafts, books, movies, music and dance. Cost is $225.
- Sizzling Summer Session: July 19-28, Tuesday and Thursday, Tiny Stars – Ages 2 and ½ – 3 years: 5:30- 6 p.m., Creative Movement, Ballet and Tumbling, $45. Twinkling Stars, Ages 3-5: 6-7 p.m., Creative Movement, Ballet, Tap and Tumble, $60. Shining Stars, Ages 5-8: 6-7 p.m., 30 minutes of Ballet, Tap and Tumble, $60.
- Cheer/Acro Workshop: Aug 1-4. Ages 5-9 is 5-6 p.m. 10-12 year olds are 6-7 p.m. Ages 13 and older are 7-8 p.m. Bring a water bottle and enjoy an entire month of classes in just four days. Price is $60.
- Hip Hop Workshop: Aug 1-4. Ages 5-9 is 6-7 p.m. 10-12 year olds are 7-8 p.m. Ages 13 and older are 8-9 p.m. Bring a water bottle and enjoy an entire month of dance in just four days. Price is $60.
(843) 757-8277, alliancedanceacademy.com or email: ADABluffton@gmail.com.
Bluffton School of Dance:
- Full Day Camp: Rising 1st-6th graders. June 6-Aug 5. Campers enjoy a full day camp from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. and participate in both Camp Wide and Small Group activities all day, indoors and outdoors, with the goal of expanding their creative minds and exercising their bodies. Cost is $185.
- Half Day Camp “Around the World”: Rising 1st – 6th graders. June 6-Aug 5. Dancers will thrive from 9 a.m. -12 p.m. with a summer full of magic, art and imagination. Tons of exciting themes, fun activities and lots of dancing for a memorable week. Cost is $125.
(843) 815-2619 or email email@example.com.
Hilton Head Christian Academy:
- 3D Art Camp: Rising 5th-12th graders. June 20-24. 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. Artists will be using a variety of materials to make 3D/sculptural artwork. There will be freedom for exploration while learning about new and exciting materials and artists. Cost is $180.
- You Can’t Stop the Beat: Dancing in Musical Theater: Rising 6th – 12th graders. 1-4 p.m. Students will spend the week with HHCA Director Michelle McElroy Cox and choreographer Jamal Edwards learning musical theater dance technique, choreography and audition skills followed by a performance at the end of the week. Cost is $150.
- Hilton Head Jazz Guitar Institute by the Junior Jazz Foundation: Ages 14-20. June 20-24. A three-hour daily jazz guitar clinic with professional jazz guitarist Dr. Tim Fischer of Coastal Carolina University. At least two years of experience playing is recommended. Includes an all-day music trip to Savannah on June 22. A final joint performance June 24. Tuition is $229. Scholarships available. 1-4 p.m.
- Hilton Head Jazz Camp by the Junior Jazz Foundation: Ages 14-20. July 11-16. Students will learn jazz through large, big bands, small combos, theory, improv, elective courses, master classes and performances, culminating in a camp recital and finale concert. Tuition is $449 with payment plan and scholarships available. 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Hilton Head Jazz Clinic by the Junior Jazz Foundation: Ages 10-14. June 20-24. A daily three-hour jazz clinic with college jazz camp alumni and local music professionals, music trip to Savannah and finale performance on June 24. Cost is $229.
- Eagle Adventures Camp: For rising 1st- 5th graders. May 31-July 29. Two four-week sessions will be offered. Students should prepare for epic adventures, daily crafts, weekly themes and exciting field trips. Themes include Space Week, Spirit Week, Party in the USA, Go Green, Into the Wild and End of Summer Blues (water week). Mon.-Thurs., 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. Each session costs $1,500 and includes daily snack and weekly excursions.
- Cinderella Summer Stock Kids Theater Camp: Rising 2nd- 7th graders. 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. HHCA’s Summer Stock Kids Theater Camp will focus on bringing a minimalist production of Cinderella to stage for parents and friends at 5 p.m. on the final day of camp. The purpose of this camp is to develop a love of theater and help students build confidence while on stage. Cost is $250 (multi- sibling discount: $200).
- All-Sports Camp: Rising 2nd-8th graders. May 31-June 3. Camps are geared towards skill development and fundamentals, with a different “Sport of the Day” during each morning session. Afternoon sessions will be geared towards skill-building and sportsmanship through a variety of fun and active games for all ages. Cost is $150 for morning session (9 a.m.- 12 p.m.). $150 for afternoon session (1 – 4 p.m.). Cost is $275 for full day (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) .
- Eagle Girls & Eagle Boys Camp: Rising 3rd – 8th grade. June 6 – 9. Girls Camp – 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. Boys Camp- 8:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. Campers will focus on skill development in all facets of the game. Students will receive individual instruction and participate in organized games and contests. Cost is $130.
(843) 681-2878 or hhca.org.
First Tee Of The Lowcountry
First Tee Of The Lowcountry emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Participants will get active and play golf with their age-group peers to help them build inner strength, self-confidence, and enthusiasm for the game.
- WEEK OF JUNE 6TH CAMP: Monday 6/6 through Thursday 6/9; 9 to 11:30 a.m. (AGES 7 – 11)
- WEEK OF JUNE 13TH CAMP: Monday 6/13 through Thursday 6/16; 9 to 11:30 a.m. (AGES 12 AND UP)
- WEEK OF JUNE 20TH CAMP: Monday 6/20 through Thursday 6/23; 9 to 11:30 a.m. (AGES 7 – 11)
- WEEK OF JUNE 27TH CAMP: Monday 6/27 through Thursday 6/30; 9 to 11:30 a.m. (AGES 12 AND UP)
- WEEK OF JULY 11TH CAMP: Monday 7/11 through Thursday 7/14; 9 to 11:30 a.m. (AGES 7 – 11)
- WEEK OF JULY 18TH CAMP: Monday 7/18 through Thursday 7/21; 9 to 11:30 a.m. (AGES 7 – 11)
Cost of All Camps: $160 Registration Fee.
- Art Around the World: Ages 6-8 and 9-14. June 13-17. A fun-filled week of art as we “travel” the world and explore art from different cultures. Cost is $145.
- Theatre Camp: Ages 9-14. June 20-24 and July 11-15. Campers will learn how to create characters, develop storylines, craft simple sets, props, costumes and then perform for family and friends. Cost is $330. Take the Stage: Ages 9 -14 and 6-8. June 27- July 1 and July 18- 22. Students will work with professional artists and will be exposed to a variety of performing art forms in our Black Box Theatre and will create a mini showcase performance.
Hilton Head Pottery:
- Art Summer Camps: Art Factory by Sylvia: June 6-10, June 20-24. 9 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. (grades 1-3) 2 p.m.- 4:30 p.m. (grades 4 -8). Tie-dyed T-shirts and slime. All the projects you want for your kiddos just not at home.
- Clay Camp: Art Factory by Sylvia: June 13-17, June 27-July 1. 9 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. (grades 1 -3) 2 – 4:30p.m. (grades 4 – 8). A fun camp filled with art and clay projects.
- Cost of each camp is $175.
Island Rec Center:
- McElroy’s Martial Arts Academy: Youth Karate Camp: Ages 5 – 16. June 11-14. Monday- Friday. 1- 4 p.m. Kids will be introduced to karate basics, participate in related exercises, enjoy physical games, watch martial arts movies and more. They will learn about the Academy’s bully prevent program and how to talk to and with their peers. Cost is $175.
- Summer Volleyball Camp: Ages 11-18. June 6-9. Players will prepare for middle- and high-school tryouts. The focus of each day will be on fundamentals, then competitive drills and competition. Cost is $150. 9-11:30 a.m.
- Jr. Swim Club: June 2-30, July 12 -23, Aug. 2-30. Saturdays – 10:30 -11:30 a.m., Tuesdays & Thursdays – 7 – 8 p.m. Cost is $70.
- Riptide Swimming: June 2 – June 30, July 12 – 23, Aug. 2-30. Saturdays – 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays-7 -8 p.m. Cost is $70.
- Swim Club: June 2 – June 30, July 12 – 23, August 2 – 30. Saturdays – 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., Tuesdays & Thursdays 7 – 8 p.m. Cost is $70.
- Summer Football Camp: June 27 – July 1. 6 -7:30 p.m. Cost is $15.
Contact the Island Rec Center: (843) 681-7273 or islandreccenter.org.
Junior Players Golf Academy:
- Summer Break Camp: Ages 7-18. May 23-27. Golfers will cover all aspects of the game along with 9 holes of on-course instruction. The program is designed to be fun, full of interaction, personalized coaching, and results oriented. All skill levels welcome. Cost is $1,295 for commuters, $1,795 for residents with overnight accommodations. Multi-week discounts available.
(843) 686-3355 or jrpga.com.
Van De Meer Tennis:
- Junior Summer Tennis Camp: Ages 12+. May 30 – Aug. 27. Each session offers players 20 – 25 hours of technical and tactical training from Van de Meer’s world-class international staff. Campers will learn from former ATP, WTA, Davis Cup, Fed Cup and top collegiate players. Cost is $685- $855. Camp hours vary.
- Quick Start Tennis Camp: Ages 4 – 12. June 6 – Aug. 12. Campers will play on different covered courts based on their skill level. Tennis lessons include fun water activities and arts and crafts. Cost is $245- $335 per week. 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Extended hours from 2:30-4:30 p.m.