If you’re looking for some unique things to do in Bluffton SC, look no further! We’ve put together a list of the best activities and fun adventures in town. Whether you’re into art galleries, browsing for eclectic Bluffton-esque items, adrenalin-pumping amusement or nature excursions, we have something for everyone. So pack your bags and get ready to have some fun!
Browse and Shop:
When you’re looking for a place to view some amazing, colorful and funky artwork and decor, Bluffton is the perfect destination. With so many different galleries to choose from, you’re sure to find one that suits your taste.
- The Pluff Mudd Art gallery is a one-of-a kind location that features the work of local artists and artisans. The five rooms in this cottage provide an extensive selection, with pieces hanging virtually floor to ceiling throughout all areas!
- The Bluffton General Store is located in an old little white house with blue trim. You’ll find home accessories, decor, jewelry, candles, local artwork and fresh-cut flowers!
- La Petite Gallerie is an ever-changing delight. Their artists have set up shop in this historic space located on Calhoun Street with many pieces spilling out into the adjacent garden. No two days are alike as works change daily based upon what inspires each artist.
Other must-see galleries are:
- Bluffton Boundry
- Camellia Art Gallery and Framing
- Maye River Art Gallery
- Red Piano Art Gallery
- Preston Studio
- Four Corners Fine Art & Framing
Indoor Go Kart Racing:
If you live in the greater Bluffton/Hilton Head area in Coastal South Carolina, you now have a new fun thing to do in Lowcountry: K1 Speed’s exciting indoor go kart racing experience!
Forget about the lawn mower-powered go karts you used to race on as a child. Our high performance electric carts produce tremendous torque and power from advanced motors, allowing for faster speeds than any gas powered counterpart – up 45 mph!
Get to Market!
The creativity, flavors and smells at the local markets will make your mouth water for more. All this coupled together is sure to enhance your sense of wonder. Hear stories from the makers, growers who live life creatively.
- Lowcountry Made Popup Artisan Markets promote small businesses at our popup markets around the Lowcountry.
- The Farmers Market of Bluffton is a weekly community event where locals and tourists gather not only to buy excellent produce but also to enjoy delicious food, listen to entertainment, and relax with friends. A taste of home never tasted so good!
- Root and Bloom is a natural-living and vintage market with a focus on non-toxic living, sustainability, and hand-made art & vintage finds.
Discover the May River:
May River Excursions offers a variety of boating excursions, including fishing and river adventures. You’re sure to see local wildlife and the beautiful waterways around Bluffton. Go fishing, crabbing, or shrimping and even take home your catch home for true Lowcountry cuisine.
For the craft spirit aficionado who wants to explore the intersection of art and science where our bourbon, whiskey, vodka, gin, moonshine, and more are born, take the Burnt Church Distillery Production Tour. Guided through our beautiful facility by Along the way, a master distiller takes you through every step, from collecting the South Carolina-sourced grain to aging the distillate to bottling the delicious final product. Afterward, you can sip one of thrrr signature cocktails with a greater appreciation for its craft.