Explore the arts, culture, philanthropic endeavors and historic sites of Bluffton, SC.
1. Bluffton Arts
- SOBA: The Society of Bluffton Artists is a nonprofit organization established in 1999.
- May River Theatre: The May River Theatre is a theatre company that has performances at the Ulmer Auditorium in downtown Bluffton.
2. Annual Events
- Bluffton Village Festival – Also known as “Mayfest”, the Bluffton Village Festival is an annual event that started in the spring of 1978. It gathers local artisans and musicians to showcase a variety of goods as a “celebration of Bluffton life” and local culture.
- Christmas Parade – An annual parade that takes place at the beginning of December and features a wide variety of unique parade floats both local and regional.
- Historic Bluffton Arts & Seafood Festival – A fall festival that consists of many events and activities including an art show, kayak tours, a 5K run, and sampling of locally harvested seafood.
- May River Cleanup – Every year hundreds of volunteers organize to help remove trash and waste from nearly 12 miles of river and to help raise awareness of the challenges facing the May River.
Historic buildings, art and historical museums include:
- Heyward House and Historical Center
- Church of the Cross
- Squire Pope Carriage House
- Allen-Lockwood House
- Huger-Gordon House
- Seven Oaks
- Fripp-Lowden House
- The Store, Bluffton SC
- Carson Cottage
- D. Hasell Heyward House
- Patz Brothers House
- Planters Mercantile
- Cordray House