Craving homegrown melons, vegetables, peanuts and other produce, fresh seafood, flowers, meats or prepared foods? Then pack up your reusable bags and baskets and hit the road to discover the farm-fresh offerings available at some of our local farmers markets, certified roadside stands and kitchens. Call ahead to confirm dates, times and hours of operation.
To view the South Carolina Department of Agriculture’s Guides to Community Farmers Markets and Certified Roadside Markets across the state, visit agriculture.sc.gov/where-to-buy-local.
Cahill’s Market & Chicken Kitchen
- Mon.-Wed., 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.; Thurs.-Sat.,
- 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m.; Sun., 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- 1055 May River Rd.
- (843) 757-2921 or cahillsmarket.com
Farmers Market of Bluffton
- Thursdays, 1-6 p.m.
- Carson Cottages in Old Town, 40 Calhoun St.
- Fresh local produce, specialty items, prepared foods and live entertainment.
- (843) 415-2447 or farmersmarketbluffton.org
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
The Farmer’s Market at Sea Pines Center presented by Lowcountry Produce
- Tuesdays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., weather permitting (Mid-March through Mid-December)
- The Shops at Sea Pines Center, 71 Lighthouse Rd.
- (843) 686-3003 or lowcountryproduce.com
Downtown Farmer’s Market & Food Truck
- Wednesdays, 2-6 p.m. (May-October)
- Corner of North & Bladen Streets, behind the Santa Elena Foundation
- Hosted by the City of Beaufort, the Downtown Farmer’s Market features fresh local garden produce and cuisine from 2-6 p.m. with the It’s Only Fair Food Truck serving up favorite fair foods from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- (843) 525-7070 or cityofbeaufort.org
Port Royal Farmer’s Market
- Saturdays, 9 a.m.-noon, rain or shine (year-round)
- Heritage Park on Ribaut Road by the Naval Hospital
- South Carolina produce, seafood, beef, eggs, bread, BBQ, cheese, honey and plants.
- Open daily, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (April-October)
- 939 Sea Island Pkwy., St. Helena Island
- Specialties include cantaloupe, muscadine grapes, peaches, squash, strawberries, tomatoes and watermelon.
- (843) 838-7421
Dempsey Farms U-Pick
- Fall Schedule: Pumpkins, October 7-November 1
- 1576 Sea Island Pkwy., St. Helena Island
- Everything sold is grown at Dempsey Farms. Purchase a few items at the stand or pick your own produce. Harvesting dates depend on weather, please call to find out what is available.
- (843) 838-3656 or dempseyfarmsupick.com
Lowcountry Produce & Market Cafe
- Daily, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 1919 Trask Pkwy., Lobeco
- A variety of produce and Lowcountry Produce canned goods and gifts.
- (843) 846-9438 or lowcountryproduce.com
Forsyth Farmers Market
- Saturdays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., rain or shine
- Forsyth Park (south end)
- GPS: use Brighter Day at 1102 Bull St. or Sentient Bean at 13 East Park Ave.
- Mission: To promote understanding and participation in a local food system that supports sustainable production and increases access to local products.
Wilmington Island Farmers’ Market (WIFM)
- Saturdays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., rain or shine (March-June & September-December)
- Islands High School, 170 Whitemarsh Island Rd.
- Mission: To support the community, highlight local talent and bring healthy foods to our doorstep.
Tybee Island Farmers and Artisan Market
- Mondays, 4-7 p.m. (March-October)
- Next to the Tybee Island Light Station & Museum, 30 Meddin Dr.
- Local businesses offer an array of goods from artwork to vegetables.
- (301) 919-2296 or tybeeislandfarmersmarket.com